Monday, November 04, 2002

ahhhh, there i am. feeling great, thanks for asking.

Halloween has come and gone, and once again I have to ask: What's so fucking great about it?

This year, I did not celebrate my inner catholic priest, cheerleader, policeman, fire fighter, kool-aid man, square-pants-wearing cartoon character or sports mascot, I spent halloween like I always do--actually, I spent it like I spend the other 364 days of the year, getting drunk for free at The Standard Downtown. (I don't spend all year drinking at The Standard, Actually.I'm not even sure I like The Standard. I do drink elsewhere, it's just on Halloween night that I happened to be there and, oh you get the idea anyway) I figured it was the dignified thing to do. I mean, it's not as if I don't have the wherewithal or creativity to come up with a costume, I'm a designer ferchrissakes and I have plenty of wherewithal. Plenty. I mean, there was that crazy-rocker guy costume I had the one year, and then the super-great Beastie Boys costume that one year, and that same night, I went to another party dressed as--uh... um... well...

I think it may have been the time I was forced to dress as Ginger Spice that ruined it for me, I'm going to have to have that checked out.