Tuesday, January 14, 2003

The Moving Post
I'm making it happen, y'all. I'm moving to Venice in a few weeks, and I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am. A block to the beach, right off Main St. and all its stores and bars and restaurants, Abbot Kinney Blvd with its slightly more artsy stores and bars and restaurants, there is no shortage of things to do. If that wasn't enough, I'm saving upwards of $500 a month by doing this (it means having a roommate, which I really don't mind all that much), Ingrid will have her own little parking spot (no more street parking!), and my commute will be cut by 20-30 minutes each way.

Moreover, it's time. It really is. I've lived in Los Angeles for pretty much my whole life (save 4 months in Manhattan, 1 month in Seattle, and a couple of times I was out of this world stoned in college for who knows how long), and I've never lived by the beach, so there's that, but that would be oversimplifying things.

If you've been paying attention in the slightest, you'll no doubt have noticed some ennui here and there (and if you haven't noticed, then my subtle cries for help were maybe too subtle-- d-oh!). It will be good to move away from all the posturing and hullabaloo of the middle of the city and get in some fine beach livin'. I've been threatening to do this for a while, and it's finally happening.

Oh yeah, I was walking down Main St. after looking at the apt. for the first time and noticed that even though I wasn't in Whole Foods, 95% of the women looked like they were coming from yoga class. Hmm, is that where all the chicks are?

Next: How to stay sane whilst working for a very large advertising agency.