Thursday, April 03, 2003

i'm usually pretty excited when Javier or Deniecia from the mailroom comes into my office bearing packages emblazoned with the big amazon smile on them, but when the two books are
Living with Stroke : A Guide For Families--Help and New Hope for All Those Touched by Stroke
and The Stroke Recovery Book: A Guide for Patients and Families--needless to say, it isn't as wonderful. I

My father had a stroke recently. it's been a rollercoaster ride of emotions--one day you're amazed and thanking the heavens for the miraculous recovery he's making and another day, you have no idea what's going on. Needless to say, this has been weighing heavily on my mind lately--more than I am am consciously aware of, I think. As I'm starting to try to ease back into a regular schedule of work and my life after spending most of the last two or three weeks at my parents' house, sometimes the reality of my situation sort of peeks back into the picture and--it sucks.